Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Character Names

The Top Ten Tuesday has a new home. It's hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

Naming characters is really hard to do. I think these names are fit their characters really well, but also they're just really good names. Some of these names are so badass they enhance the character's actually badassness. They roll of the tongue effortlessly. I applaud all the authors who came up with great character names!

1. Verity Grey (The Shadowy Horses by Suzanna Kearsley)

2. Wylan Van Eck (Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo)

3. Carswell Thorne (The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer)

4. Philip Digby (Trouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly)

5. Gwen Darling (Everland by Wendy Spinale)

6. Day/Daniel Alton Wing (Legend by Marie Lu)

7. Sage (The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nieslen)

8. Nymphadora Tonks (Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling)

9. Rowena Duncan (My Faire Lady by Laura Wettersten)

10. Commander Holly Short & Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer)

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't decide on a Harry Potter name so I didn't include one on my list, but I agree that Nymphadora Tonks is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the names from Six of Crows. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sage is my favourite from this list. I never liked the name Verity much until I read Ink by Alice Broadway, then it grew on me.

    ReplyDelete