Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Graphic Novels/Trade Paperbacks on my TBR

hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Paper Girls by Brian K. Vaughan - This series sounds really interesting; it's about four girls who deliver newspapers. They uncover some crazy secret.  It sounds a little bit like Stranger Things but with all girls. And that makes me really happy. 

The Wicked and The Divine by Kieron Gillen - Oh look another Kieron Gillen series. A group of gods get reincarnated as humans every ninety years and in two years they die. This series chronicles their most recent human adventures. It sounds really interesting, I look forward to reading it!

Archie Vol. 2 by Mike Waid - Archie comics were my childhood, so finding out about this reboot was exciting. I've read and enjoyed the first volume quite a bit.  It made me very nostalgic and the new comics really have kept the spirit of the old ones nicely. 


Delilah Dirk by Tony Cliff - I've read the first graphic novel in this series. Delilah is an awesome badass, slightly selfish, adventurer and world traveller. I'm sure the next adventures will be just as entertaining as the first.

Gotham Academy Vol. 3: Yearbook by Becky Cloonan - The first two volumes were really interesting and I'm anxious to get my hands on the third volume. Hopefully, it'll answer some of the questions from the first two volumes. 

Rat Queens Vol. 2 The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth by Kurtis J. Wiebe - The first volume of the series was so good and so entertaining. I want to continue read about these badass maidens-for-hire. 


Fables Vol. 3: Storybook Love by Bill Willingham - This series of graphic novels follows all the fairytales as they've been exiled to New York. Each characters more raw and real than their fairytale story. I've read the first two and it's so good, I just want to continue this story and figure what happens to each of the characters.

Guardians of the Galaxy by Brian Michael Bendis - I started reading the individual comics before the movie came out and I haven't really returned since. I loved the movie, it still makes me laugh every time I watch it. I'd love to jump back into this series. 


Journey into the mystery by Kieron Gillen - I've read and loved other series that Kieron Gillen has written, specifically Young Avengers. And this comes highly recommended by the human who started me down this glorious rabbit hole we call comics. 


Spider-Gwen by Jason Latour - In this universe the spider bites Gwen Stacy instead of Peter Parker and it sounds great. She's in a band she's got spider powers and she's not going to let her dad tell her what to do. 

1 comment:

  1. Archie Comics were my childhood too so now I'm psyched that you're enjoying the reboot and I want to check it out too!! I need to read Gotham Academy and Rat Queens too! Spider Gwen sounds AMAZING! I'll be adding it to my tbr shelf straight away!! Oh and this is the 2nd time I've seen Paper Girls today, I need to look it up.

    ReplyDelete