Thursday, June 23, 2016

Harry Potter Moment of the Week (#79)



hosted by Uncorked Thoughts and Lunar Rainbows Reviews.

Favorite historical moment in the Wizarding World (that happened before the books)

Are we talking historical event as in important events, or as events that happened?  Because I have two different answers depending on the meaning.  So I'll just give you both!

Important event:
I think the evolution of Quidditch is such an interesting part of wizarding history.  You can trace it over the course of thousands of years. An early form of the game is documented in the early 1000s and as time progresses the game changes and morphs into what we know and love. The HP Lexicon has a very detailed timeline, that you can check out here.


It happened:
I love the scene J.K. Rowling gave us several years ago with teenaged/young adult Sirius and James taking a ride on the motorcycle.  I'm not entirely sure why I like it so much, but I do.  I love that snapshot of their friendship and the little insight into their lives.  We only get so much from the book series, so it's fun to get a little bit more.  You can read it here.

1 comment:

  1. I have more than one answer this week too^^ I love that you went with QUidditch^^ After reading Quidditch Through the Ages, I was pretty much mesmerized by the whole sport - I need to check out the HP Lexicon link you shared (if I haven't done so alreadY) once I get home from work.

    And YES younger Sirius and James ♥ That story is really touching for some reason. I'll never stop wanting a full Marauders series XD

    ReplyDelete