Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Quotes From Books I've Read in the Past Year

hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.



"Who brings a picnic to a break-in?"
     --Trouble is a Friend of Mine

 "You don't forget the face of the person who was your last hope."
     --The Hunger Games

"Eleanor was right. She never looked nice.  She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something."
     --Eleanor & Park  

"Be true to yourself.  But that's something everyone says and no one means.  No one wants you to be yourself.  They want you to be the version of yourself that they like."
     --The Young Elites 

"Sometimes we seek that which we are not yet ready to find."
     --Rebel Angels

"Sometimes placing our belief in something bigger than ourselves helps us get to a point where we can be enough on our own, magic or no magic."
     --Snow Like Ashes

"I am no longer afraid of getting old.  Indeed I can't believe I ever said anything so stupid.  So childish. So offensive and arrogant.  But mainly, so very, very stupid.  I desperately want to grow old."
     --Code Name Verity 

"Cath felt like she was swimming in words.  Drowning in them, sometimes."
     --Fangirl 

"Don't feel bad for one moment about doing what brings you joy."
     --A Court of Thorns and Roses

"Sticking up for ourselves in the same way we would one of our friends is a hard but satisfying thing to do.  Sometimes it works."
     --Yes Please 




7 comments:

  1. Great list! I like that quote from Code Name Verity a lot - I really need to read that one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read half of the books you quoted and you picked some awesome quotes. I love the Court of Thorns and Roses quote.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that quote from The Young Elites! It is absolutely true! Great list :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We picked the same ACOTAR quote :D Gah! I love it ♥ I didn't have the best of luck with Eleanor & Park but I do enjoy that quote that you picked^^ Oh and I still need to read Code Name Verity. GREAT quote!! Thanks for sharing xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love them! I wish I had remembered the ACOTAR one for my list. I do love it so much. So many great ones. A really popular one I see is the Eleanor & Park one! My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Libba Bray! Her books are always so unique! Great quotes!

    ReplyDelete