Sunday, October 11, 2015

Fandom Mashup (#8)


Hosted by Micheline at Lunar Rainbows Reviews.

Micheline has come up with a great idea and I can't pass up the opportunity to participate.  Each week Micheline will pose a unique fiction scenario and I will choose 5 characters from 5 different fandoms to help me with the situation.  It's going to be quite fun, I can already tell!

Scenario: Aliens are invading! Who's going to help you protect the world?

Martian Manhunter (DC Comics) - This guy is an alien himself.  As long as they are martians, he may be he can talk to the aliens and figure out some sort of compromise.  If not, then he will be a great ally to have when fighting the aliens. (If they are martians, then all bets are off and we may be in trouble.)


The Doctor (Doctor Who) - Okay so either the 10th or the 11th doctors would work incredibly well here, but I'm choosing Ten because he makes it very clear that he will defend the Earth until he dies.   His first instinct is to figure out how to prevent war and death, which is how I roll too.  Although, I am confident that he would be a terrifying and any aliens would go crawling back to wherever they came from.


Thor (Marvel) - Alright, it kind of seems obvious to me that one of the Avengers should be on my team, seeing as they took care of the world once when aliens tried to invade.  Thor's my pick because he's a god after all.  His command of thunder could be a real advantage when the aliens are coming from the sky!


Nimona (Nimona by Noelle Stevenson) - She's a shape shifter and a total badass.  She could cuddle them to death with her amazing cat shape and if that doesn't work she can just become something giant and deadly.


Percy Jackson (Percy Jackson) - If this kid can take on some gods, goddesses, and titans and survive, I think he can take on some aliens.  Plus, I'd love to hear his commentary during the entire alien battle.


2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm. The Tenth Doctor ♥ He is so ferociously dedicated to Earth, I have absolutely no worries that he'd have this invasion handled all by himself :D I LOVE that you went with Thor (which I'd thought of him too) because he's awesome. He'd take care of those pesky aliens in no time. Plus: hello dreamy! Percy is another great pick because it's like you said: if he can handle Gods and Titans, he can handle aliens. I'm not familiar with Nimona (shape-shifting into a cat? WIN.) and Martian Manhunter, but they sound perfect for this topic too! LOVE your team^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Percy! He'd just be a blast to have on the team. He's battled through a lot, that's for sure! I picked Thor as well :D He's yummy and an alien God so he's a pretty perfect fit for this job. I don't know the first guy, but he sounds like he'd definitely work well.

    ReplyDelete