Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Series I have YET to FINISH


hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

These first couple are series that I can't finish yet because all the books aren't out.

1. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer - SOON AND VERY SOON! I cannot wait until November.

2. The Miss Peregrine Series by Ransom Riggs - I've read the first and own the second, but I haven't read Hollow City yet.  It's on my list, it's on my list!  The third one is coming out this month so I really should get on this series.  Although, I'll probably have to reread the first book before continuing on.

3. The Young Elites by Marie Lu - I've just begun the journey with this series and the second book comes out in October, so it will definitely be a while before I finish this series but I LOVED the first book and I'm excited to get my hands on the rest of them.


4. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - The beginning is only available right now, so obviously I haven't finished it.  BUT I would love to devour it all right now, if only it were all written!

5. Becoming Jinn by Lori Goldstein - This one also only has one book out.  I'm definitely excited to read more of this when the rest of the series comes out.  Please give me more soon!


6. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - So I finished the first three books in this series and it ended quite nicely.  I'm not actually sure I need to continue reading the rest of them.  Maybe one day, but I have so many books to read that this series has been put on the back burner.

7. Shades of London by Maureen Johnson - I have all of the ones that are out and I've read the first two, I just never got around to reading the third one, even though the second ended with quite a big cliffhanger.  Actually, now that I'm writing about it again, I kind of really want to finish this one.

8. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray - I almost forgot about this trilogy! I really enjoyed the first one, but it's been a while since I've read it.  I never continued on with the series and I'm not sure why.  I'd definitely like to finish this at some point.


9. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater - I liked The Raven Boys so much but I haven't read any of the other books and I really want to.  I've taken to avoid most of Maggie Stiefvater's posts on Tumblr and Twitter so that I don't become spoiled because that would be awful.  I think it might be time to just pick them up and read them.

10. The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss -  If I'm going to be honest, which I try and be all the time, I almost forgot about this series.  I stopped keeping tabs on it, so I'm not even sure the third book is out yet.  I've read the first and liked it quite a bit and I have the second.  It's just a matter of reading it.

5 comments:

  1. Great list! I still need to read The Raven Boys and A Great and Terrible Beauty, and I keep meaning to pick Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, too. I'm so excited to get my hands on Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can NOT recommend the rest of the Raven Cycle books enough!! I adored the first one but books 2 and 3 were even better ♥♥ I've read all of The Mortal Instruments books except the last one, so it made my list this week too XD I still need to get into The Young Elites, Becoming Jinn and The Name of the Wind though. Awesome list^^ and WooHoo we all get to devour Winter soon! I wish we could say the same for ACOTAR2 though O.O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The London Shades series! That cliffhanger at the end of the second book just about killed me -- I HAD to read the next book :) I'm super excited for WINTER to come out. Also the new Miss Peregrine's -- I'm going to be re-reading the first book, reading the second and then the third so I can review it next month for Quirk Books. Whew!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I still need to START several of these series - like The Lunar Chronicles, A Great & Terrible Beauty, etc. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! Stiefvater and Meyer are two of my favorites!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete