Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Summer 2015 TBR


hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

In addition to last weeks books that are coming out this summer...SUMMER TBR! Let's do this:

1. The 100 by Kass Morgan - This book has been on quite a few of my lists lately but I've been loving the tv series and I need to know what the book has to say about the characters I love. (Or even if they are in the book...)

2. Road to Civil War by J. Michael Straczynski and Civil War by Mark Millar - I've been saying I'd read Civil War for ages, but I've been in denial.  If I don't read it, it doesn't happen.  Now I own Road to Civil War which means I have the prelude.  And they're filming the movie, so all arrows point to just read it already!

3. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - I'm finally going to pick up this classic this summer and I'm really excited about it!


4. Rook by Sharon Cameron - I got this book earlier this year when it came out and I'm ready for a good post apocalyptic book.  Hopefully, this will be the one!

5. Splintered by A.G. Howard - It's a retelling of Alice in Wonderland and you know I love retellings.  Alice is one of my favorite childhood stories and I've never read an Alice retelling.  I'm hoping it'll be really good! Plus, it's the beginning of a series.

6. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith - I've been hanging onto this book for a time when I miss reading new things by *coughJ.K.Rowlingcough*  and this book actually works really well with one of the challenges I'm doing this year so I'm going to read it!


7. Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill - This book sounds like a cute contemporary story, something I can fly through and enjoy.  I love my go to options, but every once in a while you need a good escape book and this book could be that!

8. Landlines by Rainbow Rowell - I've been reading everything by her that I can get my hands on and this is no different.  So far I've only read her YA books, but I'm excited to venture into the adult books that she has written.


These last two books were part of a gift to myself for completing my goals during the 2014 Booktube-A-Thon.  We've just gotten the dates for this year: July 27th-August 2nd.  I've decided to read all these books so that if/when I reach my goals this year I can get myself a victory gift again.

9. Everybody Sees the Ants by A.S. King - I got two A.S. King books last year and loved the one I have read.  I'm looking forward to diving into another one of her books.  I hope it's as good as Vera Dietz.

10. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness - I'm told this series and the author are fantastic and it's about time I check it out for myself!




4 comments:

  1. The Knife of Never Letting Go, Landline, Splintered, and Jane Eyre. I'll probably have to read Civil War too. :) Great list.

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read Everybody Sees the Ants... that and Reality Boy and I'll be caught up on my A.S. King books :) Also The Knife of Never Letting Go has been on my TBR for way too long. I really want to read a Patrick Ness book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 100, Splintered, Cuckoo's Calling, Landlines and The Knife of Letting Go are ALL ones I've been meaning to get to as well. Hopefully we'll both get to them soon :) Good luck with your Summer tbr list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I read The Knife of Never Letting Go years ago now but I remember absolutely loving it and devouring the trilogy in under a week. I hope you enjoy all of these books when you get the chance to read them :) Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete