Thursday, May 14, 2015

Harry Potter Moment of the Week (#39)



hosted by Uncorked Thoughts and Lunar Rainbows Reviews.

Best Sirius moment.

Goodness there are many a great Sirius moment.  I love him so much.  I enjoy every moment he spooks Harry in Prisoner of Azkaban in my rereads.  It's so funny to me that it's a terrifying thing, when the reality of it is the complete opposite.  I also love that he becomes a father figure Harry and a respected man among his the kids of the series.  One of my favorite quotes from the entire series is something that Sirius says to Ron.

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
Sirius even dies spectacularly, coming to the aide of his godson.  He was not going to stay cooped up nice and safe while his friends and family were out risking their necks.  And yes, it may have been avoidable, but it wasn't avoided.  It happened and it hurt.  But Sirius went out fighting like he was always meant to.  I may not ever understand the inner workings of the veil that took him, but I do know one thing: Sirius Black was a siriusly great character.  I'm not sure I could choose one favorite moment.


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post Alex^^ Like you, I adore Sirius to bits. I know he had to die but his is one of the deaths of the series I will NEVER get over. His life was just too tragic to end the way it did :( He's definitely a hero though, through and through! ♥

    ReplyDelete