Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Read in 2014

hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

1. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead - The fact that the main character's favorite book is A Wrinkle in Time is one of the reasons I like this book.  The story is so carefully crafted, you're not sure what's going to happen until it does.

2. Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger - This book has such an interesting concept and the title is so intriguing.  That's what drew me to the book.  I stayed because the adventure was so fun and the characters were really cool.

3. Cress by Marissa Meyer - She has continued to impress me with this series and I cannot get enough of it.  I loved hearing Cress addition to the story and how she interacts with the other characters.  I cannot wait to read the last two books.


4. Champion by Marie Lu - This was the first conclusion to a trilogy in a long while that I loved.  I would not change a thing about it.  Marie Lu is amazing and I'm glad she started another series.

5. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro - This book was incredibly beautiful; the writing is striking and poignant.  The story is crafted in such a way that it is heart breaking, yet so compelling.  It made me want to watch the movie again.

6. The Maze Runner by James Dashner - I absolutely found this trilogy engaging and intense. I read all of these books one right after another because I found myself needing to know what happened.


7. The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick - This book proved to me just how much I like Matthew Quick as a writer.  His ability to create a story is amazing and his characters really come to life.  I had myself believing that Pat was real.

8. Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King - I could not put this book down and when I had to, all I could think about was this book.  I needed to know what happened next.  It's so engaging.



5 comments:

  1. Please Ignore Vera Dietz made my list too! It was really engrossing and it was so unique, it stands out from the crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They didn't make my list, but I also really enjoyed the Cress series, and I look forward to the other books coming out. I read Maze Runner prior to this year, and enjoyed it a ton. The Carriger series is on my TBR, I hope to like it when I get around to trying them. Thanks for sharing! Here's my Favorite Books of 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep meaning to read NEVER LET ME GO and WHEN YOU REACH ME. Might have to bump them up. Have you seen the movie Never Let Me Go? SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to start reading books by A.S. KING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved Champion and its ending was definitely a tearjerker! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete