Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Book I'm Looking Forward to in 2015

hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

1. Fairest by Marissa Meyer (January) - This is the story of Queen Levena.  I'm very interested to see if we get to learn why she is the way she is, what happened that made her bent on world domination.

2. The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black (January) - The title alone is intriguing enough to make me want to read this book, but the covers is also gorgeous.  Plus, it has fairies in it, or at least one, anyway.

3. Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen (February) - This book looks really interesting.  I think it's a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, a story which I love!  So this should be really good.



4. The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson (February) - I need to know what happens! I'm not sure if this is a trilogy or if there's more coming.  It doesn't matter, I just want to know what happens next.

5. The Cemetery Boys by  Heather Brewer (March) - This book is set in Michigan and it has a gorgeous cover, it's become a must read for those aspects alone.

6. Rook by Sharon Cameron (April) - This book is set in what used to be Paris, but from the cover of the book it looks to be long since anything in the world looked nice.  I mean, there's only half of the Eiffel Tower and everything is foggy and in destruction.  This looks very good.



7. Illusionarium by Heather Dixon (May) - I love book set in London and this one is set in an alternative London, so that sounds cool!  The cover has cogs in the corners which makes it very appealing and artistic.  I'm excited to read this.

8. Seriously Wicked by Tina Connolly (May) - Apparently living with a wicked witch doesn't make you also wicked.  This book sounds charming and humorous and I'm all for seeing if a teenage girl can best a wicked witch, especially if it's her mother.



9. Love May Fail by Matthew Quick (June) - I'm not sure what this one is about but if Matthew Quick wrote it, then I will read it. (I have recently fallen in love with his writing so that's a thing.)

10. Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell (August) - Okay, so a lot of people are comparing this one to Cinder because the concepts are very similar, but I'm a fan of fairy-tale retellings and Cinderella is a good one.  I'm ready for another version of the Cinderella tale!


2 comments:

  1. I keep forgetting Shadow Cabinet is coming out next year. I have such mixed feelings on it but want to know what happens!

    My TTT List

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cemetery Boys looks like a great read.

    Happy Reading!

    Please check out my post (my first review as a co-blogger)
    Paper Towns Review

    ReplyDelete