Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Sequels I Can't Wait To Get!


This list will be a combination of sequels I own but haven't read yet and sequels I'm dying to get my hands on.  I'm hoping to have another sequel theme month for reading in the near future so this list is a great way for me to get organized for that. 

1. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs - So I have this one and it's been sitting on my shelf for a good long while, since it came out.  However, I haven't read it yet so I'm thinking it's about time to read it.

2. The Dream Thieves and Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater - The first book in this quartet was very good and somewhere between reading that book and others, two more have come out.  I need to read these soon, I loved that world and want to get back into it with Blue and the boys.  
3. Winter by Marissa Meyer - Okay, this one hasn't come out yet, but it's supposed to make an appearance on bookshelves late 2015.  This one I must have as soon as possible.  I am so excited to read the conclusion of this series.  I need to know what happens to my favorite characters!


4. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - I've talked about this book on several occasions and I still haven't gotten it!  I loved Perkins other books and I cannot wait to get my hands on this one. (At this point, I'm hoping Santa brings it to me this year.) ;)

5. The Kill Order by James Dashner - I cannot seem to get enough of this world right now.  I've just finished reading the trilogy to find out that this book exists.  While it's not technically a sequel, a prequel also works in my book.  

6.  The Thousand Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham - So this book, I guess, isn't really a sequel, but one could argue that it's a sequel to the movie, so I'm putting it on my list.  I am always reminded just how awesome Kristen Bell and Veronica Mars are and this most recent reminder has me want more of this world.  


7. Unhinged and Ensnared by A.G. Howard - Is is cool to want to read a sequel that I haven't actually read the first book of yet?  Yeah?  Good, because I do.  I want this book so bad, mostly so I can read them both back to back without interruption.  Plus the cover is gorgeous! (Update: Apparently the third book is coming out in January so adding that to this list.)

8. Twice Upon A Marigold by Jean Farris - It has just occurred to me that I read Once Upon A Marigold in middle school and loved it, but I've never read the sequel.  So that has to change.  As a matter of fact, this might be the next book I read.

9. Independent Study and Graduation Day by Joelle Charbonneau - I've given myself a small break from this series but I'm at the point where I really want to know what's going to happen to these characters and where the stories going to go.  I'm going to pick them up soon.


10. Rebel Angels and The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray - This series kind of got put on the back burner but I'm dying to know what happens next in Gemma's life!


11. Curtsies & Conspiracies and Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger - Until recently, I didn't know the third book in this series had come out, so naturally these sequels have been on my mind.  I loved the world in this series and I want to dive back in. 



2 comments:

  1. Ensnared is on my list, and I do need to finish the Testing series as well. Great list!
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isla's story is freaking fantastic! I loved it so much :) I've read A Great and Terrible Beauty some time ago (I'll have to re-read it because it's been so long!) but only managed to read maybe half of Rebel Angels. I'd really like to get back into this series; the first one was so good!

    ReplyDelete