Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Summer TBR

hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

I'm moving soon which means my books are going to be packed.  However, I've decided that I'm going to leave 10 books unpacked to read during the moving process.

1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
2. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
3. Ready Player One by Ernest Kline



4. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
5. The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
6. The Maze Runner by James Dashner


7. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
8. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
9. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
10. Atonement by Ian McEwan




These four are bonus books that I am hoping to read as well this summer.

Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy
Something Real by Heather Demetrios
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
My Faire Lady by Laura Wettersten



9 comments:

  1. I always wanted to read Uglies, but Ready Player One was good but lacked for me towards the end - has a lot of Westing Game allusions.

    Great list! I hope you'll visit mine!

    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Code Name Verity is on my list too! Uglies and Little Women are both awesome (in very different ways, lol). I haven't read The Silver Linings Playbook but I did love the movie, and I should really read the book at some point. Hope you enjoy a reading-filled summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never Let Me Go is a beautiful book. So much better than the movie. Ready Player One has been sitting on my shelf for a while, I need to read it.

    Here's my TTT:
    http://wendimlee.blogspot.com/2014/06/top-ten-books-on-my-summer-tbr-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list! I love Wuthering Heights, and my mum really loved Code Name Verity. Happy reading, and good luck with your move! I had to pack/give away most of my books when I moved to Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. Uglies is a good series, I read it a while back. And The Silver Linings Playbook is ace it's only short but it really draws you in. I loved that book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list. I hope you enjoy Code Name Verity and Never Let Me Go. I liked those books a lot. Good luck with the moving process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The classic I'm hoping to get to this year is Les Mis! Along with CODE NAME VERITY and THE BOOK THIEF...which are both perpetual hold-overs...GAH.Ooh, READY PLAYER ONE, I still need to read that,too! I want to read SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY this summer, too. Good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silver Linings Play Book was really lovely. It's different from the movie, but of course it's a little bit better ;) I've also been dying to read Ready Player One and Side Effects May Vary. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed reading The Maze Runner and Uglies! And there are several on your list that I eventually want to read! Great list! Hope you enjoy them all! :D

    ReplyDelete