Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Things On My Reading Wishlist

hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

1. I would like to read books set during the Industrial Revolution, either in London or New York.  I find that time period fascinating and would love to read more about characters during this time.

2. I would like to read a book with a teenage sleuth.  I love Nancy Drew, but I think there is potential for more in this genre.

3. I think I would like to read a story where the protagonist doesn't win, or at least the protagonist isn't who the reader thinks it is.  I think that would be very interesting because in some ways the protagonist always wins.

4. A book in which one of the characters discovers a new world or a new way to look at the world they know would be really cool. Think Narnia or Mortal Instruments.

5.  I would love to see a book that takes an important historical event and tell it differently, whether it was completely skewed by society or there were factors that didn't make it to the public.  I want to see an alternate side to that event.

6. I would like to read more novels where the main character is a nerd, in what ever capacity they want to be a nerd: television, books, manga, cosplay, comic books... I don't care but I don't think there are enough books out there that proudly display the habits of being a nerd.

7.  I'd like to see more books with sibling relationships.  I enjoy the romance in most books I read, but I don't see enough sibling relationships that are the crux of the story.

8.  I've always loved the idea of a gap year, but since I never had one, I'd like to read about one.  The character could join the peace corp or go traveling across Europe or get a job at the local 7-11, I don't care but I'd love to read about it.

9. More history!  I want to read a book set during the Civil War.  I loved studying this war in school, I find it utterly fascinating and would love to read a book that is set during this time period.

10. I want to read a book that is set in a different country, but not from the perspective of an American or set in America but from the perspective of someone who isn't an American.  Either of these would be so interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Great list. I would love to see more sibling relationships in books, especially between a brother and sister - because I only have sisters and I've always loved the fun banter in books between brother/sister characters. I'd love more books where the main character is a nerd too. Great picks :)

    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete